Kick off your day with a hearty and healthy breakfast. This Healthy Coconut Granola recipe is fiber rich, iron packed, and full of beneficial, heart-healthy unsaturated fats and protein…with a powerful punch of vitamin E, thiamine, and folate. Add to your yogurt or eat it plain. Leftovers should have you set for the week!
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, pecans, unsalted cashews, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk well so the oat mixture is thoroughly coated. Spread the mixture in an even, single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Be sure to stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add in coconut flakes. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
~ Recipe courtesy of Jasmine Bay, Atlanta, GA.
Want your recipes featured on JournalofNaturalLongevity.com? Send your healthiest, and most nutritious and delicious, to email@example.com.