Pineapples provide immune support, bolster bone health, aid in digestion, and help subdue inflammation. Avocados provide healthy monounsaturated fats. Spinach counts towards your leafy green intake and gives you an invigorating dose of iron. Top it off with the stone fruit of your choice and you’ve got a tasty and nutritious meal in a cup!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- ½ lime, peeled
- 2 cups water
- ½ avocado, pitted
- Apricots, plums, or peaches
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 cups (2 handfuls) spinach
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 ½ cup mixed stone fruit, such as nectarines
- 1 tablespoon almond or cashew butter
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- Blend spinach and water to combine.
- Add avocado, pineapple, stone fruits, hemp seeds, ginger, lime, almond butter, and ice cubes.
- Blend until very smooth and serve immediately (or refrigerate for up to 2 days).
~ Recipe courtesy of The Ultimate Mega-Nutrition Green Smoothie Recipe Guide