Breakfast the most important meal of the day.
Your child’s breakfast should always be full of fun, creative, healthy, and tasty food.
It’s great when the child’s first meal of the day is both exciting and nutritious providing them with the energy they need to their day.
Here are our top easy, creative breakfast recipes to give your young kids and teenagers going back to school for a special morning.
Super-easy and kid-friendly. Everyone has rolled bananas in cinnamon, sugar, raisins, or crushed chocolate cookies. But those are not exactly healthy recipes, so here’s our recipe (do it the night before):
Ingredients you will need:
- Bananas (two bananas make four pops). You can also do this with pineapple, strawberries, or apples.
- Your favorite yogurt.
- Crushed cookies or granola.
- Popsicle sticks or a piece of silverware where you can insert the bananas.
- EXTRA: chocolate chips, cinnamon sugar, raisins, coconut shreds, etc.
Start by peeling the bananas and cut them in half. Insert each half into a Popsicle stick. Next step is pouring granola (and all of the extra, yummy stuff you chose) into a shallow plate and dip the bananas in yogurt. After that, roll the bananas in the plate and place them inside the freezer, on a tray.
Eggs in Pepper
Your kids probably don’t like veggies very much. That’s because they are used to seeing them boring in a complimentary dish.
If you cook them in a creative way, though, they will surely eat them:
- Cut green or red pepper in horizontal slices, with enough space to fry an egg inside its borders
- Place the pepper on the frying pan with a bit of butter or palm oil
- Pour a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt to it
- Crack an egg and pour it inside the pepper
- Add three extra herbs or splices
Cook it for as long as you like. Your child should eat at least two of these for a healthy breakfast.
If you want, you can accompany this dish with our next, easy example:
Fresh Toast with Berries
A nutritional and tasty breakfast packed with cheese, berries, whole grain bread, and a glass of almond milk.
- Pick two slices of whole grain bread and fill it with berries of your choice
- You can pour some peanut butter into it
- Add a slice of cottage cheese to the sandwich
- And serve it with a nice glass of almond milk sweetened with vanilla